Service Tax Registration is central tax registration mandatory for any person or entity giving taxable services of more than Rs.9lakh. It facilitates Service Tax Department to identify, evaluate and track all the aspects of service tax compliance.
Service tax is an indirect tax imposed under Chapter V of the Finance Act, 1994 as revised. The tax is valid for wide range of services specified in the Section 65 & 66”. At present the rate of Service Tax is 14% (updated) to be levied on the “value of taxable service” and it is applied when business turnover exceeds Rs. 10lakh. It is paid quarterly or monthly depending on the business registration. Any person or entity providing taxable service shall pay service tax at the specified rate.
Who should pay the service tax?
If any person or business is providing service i.e. providing intangible (things that cannot be touched and have no physical existence) benefits to others, that can be performing some work on professional advice, behalf of others, etc. These people are eligible to register themselves for Service Tax Registration if in a year; their company’s total turnover exceeds 9lakhs.
Once this turnover crosses 10lakhs, it becomes mandatory to start receiving the service tax from customer whenever provide services. The tax collected from customer is then paid to the government.
Procedure for Service Tax Registration
- Register with the Central Excise department
- If you operate more than one premise but have centralized billing at one place, you required to take only one registration, if not then you will have to register at each place individually.
- If you provide more than one service but only from the same premises, you will have to register only once.
- File application in Form ST-1(in duplicate) before Service Tax officer or jurisdictional Central Excise officer within 30 days from the notification date of the taxable service.
- Registration certificate will be issued by the department within 7 days of the receipt of the application. In case, registration certificate is failed to issue within 7 days, the registration applied for is considered to have been granted and assessee can continue with his activities.
- After applying for registration, service provider can pay service tax and file returns. Compulsory penalty of Rs.500 will be collected for any offence of non-registration failure.
Note: If a registered assessee reassigns his business to another person the transferee should acquire a fresh certificate of registration.
How it is done?
Documents to be provided:-
- Address Proof
- DOB proof
- Proof of Ownership of premises
- Cancelled Cheques
- Last 3 months bank Statement
- PAN card copy
- 4 Photographs
Additional Documents for Partnership or LLP:
1) Copy of Partnership deed
2) Copy of PAN Card of each and every Partner
Additional document for Private Limited:
1) Memorandum of Association (MoA) and Articles of Association (AoA).
2) Copy of PAN Card of each and every Director
3) Resolution of board for the same application (Don’t know how to do this? Don’t worry, We’ll guide you)
Note: Missing any of the documents? Don’t worry; we’ll help you get them as well!
Step1:- Receive free expert counseling on Service Tax Registration
Step2:- Pay 50% of the payment
Step3:- Submit the required documents self attested. Application process will start within 24 hours.
Step4:- Pay rest of the 50% payment at the time of execution & final submission of documents
Click on apply now and get it done right away!!
|Packages Starting from||INR 2,999/-[ All inclusive ]|
We at LexOracle provide you the Service Tax Registration within the time period of 7* days. Our all-inclusive economic packages starting from JUST INR 2,999/-. Send your query now to register the service tax right away.
Contact right now for free Consultation
Prices are inclusive of Taxes.
*Time period quoted is tentative and approximate
LexOracle is one-stop solution provider for any business entity, person or entrepreneur seeking for experienced lawyers or attorney, charted accountant and company secretary. Customer satisfaction, transparency in work and affordable cost has made us the leader of business incorporation, registration and legal services or support in India.
Some features that make us only one of its kind
- Reasonable cost and time-saving :- Over the years, we have helped numbers of clients save their precious money by getting the services and solutions done at effective cost within limited time period.
- Guaranteed satisfaction :- Since inception, we have earned trustworthy relationship with happy clients by providing timely services with utmost satisfaction.
- All time support :- Our successful and dedicated team of experts is available all round the clock for assistance and continuous support in case of any objection raised and skillful resolution of the same.